About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Thursday, October 21, 2010

My copy of Sentinels arrives

I've just received my copy of Sentinels, an anthology of stories and essays from Hadley Rille Books, edited by Gregory Benford and George Zebrowski. The book honours Arthur C. Clarke, and includes an interview with him, conducted by Zebrowski before his (Clarke's) death, along with contributions by Isaac Asimov, Robert A. Heinlein, James Gunn, Pat Cadigan, Frederick Pohl, Pamela Sargent, Damien Broderick, Joan Slonczewski, Russell Blackford ... you get the idea.

The cover uses a beautiful Chesley Bonestell illustration, and the whole book is beautifully packaged. It's always nice, as an author, to get something like this to hold in your hand and admire. I'm looking forward to reading it.

No comments: