About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Skiffy and Mimesis

Skiffy and Mimesis , Damien Broderick's second volume of "best of" material from ASFR (Second Series) , is now available, and I have an author's copy in my hot little hand.

This is the follow-up to Chained to the Alien. Between them, these books get about 30,000 words of my sf criticism from the 1980s and 1990s back into print.

5 comments:

Shatterface said...

Friday's payday and this'll certainly be on my shopping list.

Loved volume 1 - any idea if there will be further volumes?

Spencer Troxell said...

'Chained to the Alien' is a great title.

Russell Blackford said...

I think it will be just the two volumes.

Shatterface said...

''Chained to the Alien' is a great title.'

Thomas Disch's 'The Dreams Our Stuff Is Made Of' was a great title. I liked the title of Damien's 'Reading by Starlight' too. 'Skiffy and Mimesis' lacks poetry though.

Ophelia Benson said...

Thomas Disch emailed me once. I was very excited. (In fact I asked him if he was THE Thomas Disch, and he allowed as how he was.)

I wish he were still around.