About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Sunday, November 11, 2007

I must use too many big words ...



I use a lot of big words, judging by my blog-readability outcome:

cash advance

I had to run my blog through "The Blog Readability Test". Thanks to Blake Stacey and Brian Swiftek oops I mean Switek (see comments below) for this. And apologies to both of them for my incompetent attempts to paste the above image into comments on their respective blogs.

Meanwhile, via Pharyngula I found this site with the new mascot for the fruit drink Orangina - you can see an incredible French ad up on YouTube if you click on the link. Don't say you weren't warned, though: it's not for the puritanical or the faint-hearted.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link! Just a quick note though; my last name is spelled Switek (people have been getting it wrong for as long as I've been able to pronounce it myself so no worries).

Russell Blackford said...

Sorry. *blushes with shame*

People often get my name wrong, too, I know it's annoying.

Blake Stacey said...

I'm not sure I want to ruin my affection for Orangina. During the year I spent in France, it was one of my favorite things to get out of a vending machine, and the fact that it existed in profusion spoiled me beyond measure.

Russell Blackford said...

Strangely enough, my website - which I would have considered much simpler - gets a "Genius" label.