About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Scene of triumph


Ole Koksvik poses in the room where he and John Bigelow delivered their co-authored paper at the AAP conference. Come to think of it, this was the same room where I presented my paper. Both were well received, or so it struck me, though I had a pretty small audience. Papers on applied philosophy didn't seem to pull as well as those on such areas as metaphysics, philosophy of mind, and philosophy of language - perhaps because this is a pretty hard core conference for analytic philosophers. I guess people working in political philosophy, philosophy of law, philosophical bioethics, etc., often have their own forums.

I wish I'd been thoughtful enough, or maybe just pushy enough, to take a few more pics. I expect there will be a lot on David Chalmers' website soon, as he seemed to be taking zillions of shots.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Circuit breakers going bad how to change Removal of a lung + cancer thong roulette rule perfume aftershaves strawberrynet givenchy