About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Saturday, July 15, 2006

New semester

The new teaching semester begins on Monday, so I'm currently trying to make sure everything falls into place at my end. I'm only teaching in one subject this semester, but I have responsibility for it as the lecturer and coordinator - it's a first-year level subject in the bioethics program at Monash: CHB1020: Ethics, Genetics and the Law. This has the virtue of combining my philosophical and legal interests, which my Ph.D is also meant to do. I tutored in this subject last year, and it went fine, but it really has to go smoothly this year. :)